Saturday 26 August 2017

50 By 50 - why?

So it seems I am pretty useless at keeping a blog up to date. However I have a new plan and it involves blogging so I have pulled this off the shelf, blown off the dust and will use it as a platform. Well it saves setting a new one up. It has been interesting (for me only, I do realise) to read back over my old blogs. So if the only purpose this serves is that in another 5 years I look back and remember what life was like with old teenager/young adult children, me nearing the end of my 40s and realise once again that I can not stick at blog writing for very long then that will be enough.

Update on the last few years - eldest and youngest daughters still performing in various ways. Eldest is well and truly off the payroll and lives with her football playing partner, they have in fact just moved to Tyneside so are very close by. We don't know how to do this one - she has lived away from home for the best part of the last 12 years, but very excited to find out. Middle son is a fairly soon to graduate philosophising politician, who still holds a considerable interest in music and *whispers* voted Brexit. We have all managed to not start referring to him as the black sheep but it's been a struggle. Always good to be challenged in one's thinking I guess, and he is very good at doing that. There are still various animals around, the ducks and hens are doing their best to increase in numbers as we speak, we seem to have acquired another cat and the bees are no longer with us. Have managed to whittle the sheep down to 2, not counting the ones in the freezer.

So 50 by 50. I have decided to find myself 50 things that I have never done before to try and do before the age of 50. These will not necessarily be challenges ( I just don't want to climb any Munroes or do the 3 Peaks in a day) but they will be ways of broadening my horizons and living life to the full. A few events and a (thankfully short lived) health scare recently have made me realise that life really is short and for living, not putting on hold until I have more time.

Thanks to friends in reality and on Facebook I have had numerous suggestions. I am spending this weekend deciding on the definitive list and then will be looking for willing accomplices.......so start hiding now.


No comments:

Post a Comment